Wisconsin Music Educators Association supports music education by representing the shared interests and needs of Wisconsin music educators and fostering their professional growth in a global society.
Music is an integral part of a complete education. Music engages people in objective, subjective, symbolic, and concrete aspects of human experience.
Music education improves learning in other subjects. Quality music education:
- develops aesthetic awareness and sensitivity;
- provides a source of enjoyment which enhances the quality of life from early experiences through adulthood.
- provides a means for creativity and self-expression;
- provides a sense of history and cultural heritage;
- provides opportunity for visible success and achievement in the school and community;
- develops life skills for work and personal success;
- makes the school and community a more pleasant place to learn, work, and live;
- increases the satisfaction derived from music throughout life; and
- increases understanding of other cultures through music.
- Act as an invaluable and supportive lead resource for the advocacy of music education in Wisconsin.
- Attract and retain forward thinking music educators.
- Provide & inspire music educators with opportunities for meaningful professional development.
- Support lifelong learning in music.