Each year, WMEA sponsors school music group concerts in the State Capitol Rotunda during March. The concerts kick off as a celebration of NAfME’s Music In Our Schools Month and offer groups an opportunity to perform in this beautiful Wisconsin landmark. WMEA members may apply to have their school music groups perform in Capitol Concerts. The deadline for applications is December 1 of the year preceding the concerts.
Application Period: October 1 – December 1
Groups are selected based on the following criteria:
- Considered together, the groups invited will represent all grade levels – elementary, middle, high and collegiate.
- Considered together, the groups invited will portray a wide variety of types of performing organizations.
- Considered together, groups from all areas of the state will be represented.
- In order for as many students to have the opportunity to participate as possible, groups who have not performed at the Capitol in the past will be considered first.
- Applicant must be a WMEA member.
- All performance requests must go through WMEA Chairperson, Linda Meier (Email).
2018 WMEA CAPITOL CONCERTS SCHEDULE
MARCH 1, THURSDAY – Barneveld High School Choir, Renee Hanson
MARCH 2, FRIDAY – Crandon High School Band, Bethany Puffer
MARCH 7, WEDNESDAY – Waupaca Middle School Band/Choir/Percussion, Shana Rogney
MARCH 8, THURSDAY – Menomonee Falls High School Orchestra, John Woger & Meredith Spencer
MARCH 12, MONDAY – Rib Lake Middle School Band & Choir, Matt Robisch & Carrie Leonhard
MARCH 16, FRIDAY – Antigo Middle School Band, Tami Malina
MARCH 22, THURSDAY – Waukesha North High School Choir, Joey Hyland
MARCH 23, FRIDAY – Menomonie Middle School 8th Grade Choir, Jean Enyeart
MARCH 27, TUESDAY – Holmen Middle School 8th Grade Band, Jeff Krauklis
MARCH 28, WEDNESDAY – Delavin-Darien High School String Choir & Phoenix Middle School String Choir, Jennifer Bayerl