Each year, WMEA sponsors school music group concerts in the State Capitol Rotunda during March and April. The concerts kick off as a celebration of NAfME’s Music In Our Schools Month and offer groups an opportunity to perform in this beautiful Wisconsin landmark. WMEA members may apply to have their school music groups perform in Capitol Concerts. The deadline for applications is December 1 of the year preceding the concerts.
Deadline for application: December 1 Applications for March 2017 are now closed.
Groups are selected based on the following criteria:
- Considered together, the groups invited will represent all grade levels – elementary, middle, high and collegiate.
- Considered together, the groups invited will portray a wide variety of types of performing organizations.
- Considered together, groups from all areas of the state will be represented.
- In order for as many students to have the opportunity to participate as possible, groups who have not performed at the Capitol in the past will be considered first.
- Applicant must be a WMEA member.
- All performance requests must go through WMEA Chairperson, Linda Meier (Email).
2017 Capitol Concerts Schedule
MARCH 1, WEDNESDAY – Milton Harmony Elementary Choir – Justin Kamp
MARCH 2, THURSDAY – Elm Grove Tonawanda Elementary Band/Orchestra/Chorus – Terry Little/Amanda Filkins
MARCH 7, TUESDAY – UW-Platteville University Singers – Dr. Brian Burns
MARCH 8, WEDNESDAY – Watertown Elementary Pizazz Show Choir – Michelle Beine/Cathy Houchin
MARCH 9, THURSDAY – (Blue Mounds) Porch Music Strings – Terri Schmit
MARCH 21, TUESDAY- Sheboygan Lutheran High School Choir – Matthew Thiel
MARCH 22, WEDNESDAY– Wauwatosa East High School Orchestra – Michael Hayden
MARCH 23, THURSDAY – (Plainfield) Tri-County High School Choir – Tawnia Mitchell
MARCH 28, TUESDAY – Platteville High School Choir – Amelia Armstrong
MARCH 29, WEDNESDAY – Madison Leopold Elementary Choir – Elizabeth Magargal
MARCH 30, THURSDAY – Rice Lake Middle School Eighth Grade Band – Kim Graff/Adam Bever
APRIL 4, TUESDAY – Rotunda Ringers – (Handbell choirs from: Spencer, Blair-Taylor, Brown Deer, Riverdale, Whitewater, Fennimore, Black River Falls)