NOTE: Applications for the 2020 Wisconsin State Virtual Music Conference are closed. This is application information for the 2021 conference.
About the Performance
- Performance Time: 40 minutes
- Program Repertoire: Each ensemble may select its’ own repertoire.
- Performance Facets: In an effort to increase attendance at concert sessions, the Planning Committee for the State Music Conference is interested in an increased emphasis on presentations as part of the performance; sharing ideas for music performance classrooms. On the application for you will be asked to indicate the use of one or more of the following facets:
- Share your music selection ideas; include background, composer, content ideas.
- Share how you organize and run your rehearsal.
- Share how you and your students format and present a concert to share with parents.
- Include information on goals, learning units, and uses of media.
- Share how you involve students in the rehearsal setting as the music is learned.
- Share how you emphasize creativity in your planning for your students.
- Use of a clinician or other guest.
- The ensemble director must be a member of WMEA/NAfME.
To become a member, visit the NAfME website at www.nafme.org/join.
- Elementary, Middle School, High School, Collegiate performance ensemble.
- Applications open for the 2021 Wisconsin State Music Conference – Due 3/31/2021
- All materials must be submitted by this date for the ensemble to be considered for the current year.
- Applications received after this date will be considered for the following year.
- April-May: All submissions will be auditioned anonymously by a selection committee.
- Selections are made based on the quality of the performance, represented repertoire, presentation facets and other information provided by the applicants.
- Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2021
- Invitations to perform will be issued by the conference committee and sent to the director.
Required Materials for the Online Application
- Recordings of three representative selections from the performing group’s repertoire.
- DO NOT identify the school on the recording.
- Identify date of recording and titles for all selections.
- Upload of music files during the online application is limited to 25MB. If your files will exceed this, plan to upload the files to the DropBox account provided in the application.