Thank you for volunteering to preside at this year’s Wisconsin State Music Conference!
Your job is an important one. Ensuring that our presenters and performers feel welcome is one of our top priorities. We want to provide them with an environment in which they can do their very best. An effective presider is a significant part of that positive environment. With your assistance, we can “set the stage” so that presenters and attendees may have a truly memorable experience.
- Register for Conference Early Bird 25% Discount ends 10/1/22
- Make Hotel Reservations (Hurry! They fill up fast!) Block closes 10/1/22
- Plan which conference sessions to attend, keeping in mind sessions at which you preside
- Preview presenter information for sessions at which you preside to prepare your session introductions
- Read through the Presider Guidelines which include responsibilities before, during and after your hosted session
- Arrive at your session room 15 minutes before the session.
- Work with your NAfME collegiate door monitors to ensure all attendees are ‘registered attendees’
- Gather data for the survey as requested in the Presider Guidelines
- Note: If a presenter requests paper copies, it is their responsibility to secure them directly with Monona Terrace
After the Session
- Re-set the room as it was before the session
- Complete the Presider Survey to plan for possible future workshops and next year’s conference