Proposal information for the 2021 Wisconsin State Music Conference
About the Sessions
- Session Length: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Types of Sessions:
- Presentation Sessions are 1-3 people presenting material to the attendees.
- Panel/Discussion Sessions have a moderator and no more than 6 panelists discussing a topic in the presence of attendees.
- Demonstration Sessions require a group of musicians (student or adult) to assist the presenter in his/her presentation. Demonstration groups are the responsibility of the presenter and must be limited in size. Session description should include number of performers.
- There are no restrictions on who may submit a proposal.
- Session should focus on music, education and related topics. (See the category and standards lists shown below.)
- Deadline for submission: Submissions closed December 15, 2020
- January-March: Session evaluation performed by the conference committee.
- Notification of Acceptance: On or before March 15 for non-sponsored sessions; Sponsored sessions are notified following confirmation by conference manager
Presenters will be notified by the conference committee.
Required Materials for Proposal
As part of the proposal be prepared to include…
- Session title and description
- Name and contact info for all presenters/panel members
- Sponsor company (if any)
- Target grade level (Early Childhood, Middle School, etc.)
- Session category/track (Advocacy, Band, Choir, Curriculum, etc.) Up to three (3) may be indicated. (See below for full list.)
- Which standards does the session address? (Create, Perform, Respond, Connect)
View Category List
Composition & Improvisation
Curriculum & Development
General Music – Elementary
General Music – Secondary
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion