Oregon Middle School, Oregon, WI
This one-day workshop will be a day of inspiration, dialogue, and learning between all participants. Work with master teachers as they conduct band and orchestra rehearsals. Participate in workshops and seminars on score study and lesson planning. Interact with a new teacher panel and learn more about being a music educator.
Save the date! April 9, 2022 at Oregon Middle School
Lead master teachers will engage High School students through laboratory band and orchestra settings that allow for:
- Observation and interactive participation in analyzing the teaching/learning process
- Supportive mediums for asking questions and space for taking musical risks
- Instrument sectionals led by master educators, where high school students will have the opportunity to engage in guided practice teaching
- Engagement in exercises designed to develop musical leadership skills
High School participants will also engage in seminars that explore topics in the field of music education such as:
- Structures of lesson planning, score study and conducting
- Student Teacher/New Teacher discussion panel (question and answer session)
- Next steps (finding mentoring opportunities, accessing college and preparing auditions)
The workshop will culminate with a side-by-side rehearsal with all students & staff participating, and a final short informance where parents of participants will be invited to observe. Parents of participants will also have the opportunity to obtain informational material on how to support their aspiring future music educator.
8:30-3:30 Interactive Rehearsals, Sectionals, and Seminars; Informance for family and guests begins at 2:45
Registration Opens October 15th!