Each year, WMEA sponsors school music group concerts in the State Capitol Rotunda during March. The concerts kick off as a celebration of NAfME’s Music In Our Schools Month and offer groups an opportunity to perform in this beautiful Wisconsin landmark. WMEA members may apply to have their school music groups perform in Capitol Concerts. The deadline for applications is December 1 of the year preceding the concerts.
Application Period: October 1 – December 1
Groups are selected based on the following criteria:
- Considered together, the groups invited will represent all grade levels – elementary, middle, high and collegiate.
- Considered together, the groups invited will portray a wide variety of types of performing organizations.
- Considered together, groups from all areas of the state will be represented.
- In order for as many students to have the opportunity to participate as possible, groups who have not performed at the Capitol in the past will be considered first.
- Applicant must be an NAfME/WMEA member (membership number required on application).
- All performance requests must go through WMEA Chairperson, Kathy Bartling (Email).
2022 WMEA Capitol Concerts Schedule
March 1 – Tuesday – Fort Atkinson High School Concert & Jazz Band
Justin Steger – music educator
March 3 – Thursday – Washington Elementary Fifth Grade Choir – Whitewater
Valerie Troxel – music educator
March 8 – Tuesday – Rome Corners Intermediate School Orchestra – Grade 6 – Oregon, WI
Naomi Hasan & Hannah Thompson – music educators
March 10 – Thursday – Frederic High School Handbells
Lisa Mattson – music educator
March 15 – Tuesday – Reagan High School Chamber Choir – Milwaukee
Erica Breitbarth – music educator
March 17 – Thursday – Blue Notes Show Choir/Vocal Jazz – J.C. McKenna Middle School – Evansville
Meghann Proper – music educator
March 22 – Tuesday – Westfield Area Middle School and High School Choirs
Kayley Tibbits and Madelaine Trewin – music educators
March 24 – Thursday – Shawano Middle School Band
Chad Bromeisl – music educator
March 29 – Tuesday – Mashkiiziibii Youth Singers and Drummers – Ashland
Nathaniel Ante & Christine Hulmer – music educators
March 31 – Thursday – Red Devil HS Jazz Ensemble – Green Bay East
Karen Iken – music educator