Meaningful Guidelines to Inspire Great Music Education
Welcome to the WMEA Wisconsin Music Standards webpage. In addition to the News and Updates (below), be sure to explore the left-side menu, which contains links to the Standards Maps, Resources and Teaching Materials (e.g., teaching plans, curriculum samples, posters/wall displays, and links), a Getting Started page (with video tutorials and other introductory materials), connections to CMP, and more.
We hope you and your students enjoy exploring these rich, holistic, and student-centered standards, which align closely with NAfME’s 2014 National Music Standards.
WMEA Wisconsin Music Standards Committee
Christine Hayes (Chair), Paul Budde, Laura Burns, Ian Melrose, Hannah Muehlbauer, Kate Mitchell, Angela Roberts, Leyla Sanyer, Aimee Swanson, Richard Tengowski, and Brian Vanderbloemen
We are excited to share member submissions on our site. Please check out these newly-added ideas:
- Maggie Condon – Unwrapping the Music Standards: Sharing Standards with Students
- Eric Ash – Online Learning: Connecting to Music
Be sure to check out additional submissions on our Teaching Plans and Curriculum Samples page.
News and Updates
Please check back for news and updates on the WMEA Music Standards.
Standards Maps – Updates
As of January 2019, the WMEA Music Standards maps have been updated, including:
- Technology Strand – minor revisions to existing standards, plus new standards added *
- Ensemble Strand – minor revisions to existing standards *
* Please note that “WI” has been added to the numeric identifier of any standard that has been altered from the 2014 National Music Standards.