Teaching Plans and Curriculum Samples
Real life examples of how teachers are using the WMEA Music Standards in their curriculum and unit planning.
Submit your own examples of implementing the WMEA Music Standards in your classroom!
How are YOU using the standards in your classroom? Send us your curriculum outlines, unit and lesson plans, assessment practices and report cards that utilize the standards. A consistent format is not necessary. We will organize these into categories and post them here.
Email your ideas to the WMEA Music Standards committee.
- 5-12 Choir Curriculum – submitted by Kaila Bingen
- Middle Level Ensemble “Where I’m at Now” Self Assessment – submitted by Kristen Flak
- Elementary General (.pptx) – submitted by Christine Hayes
- Middle Level Band – submitted by Kendra Junk
- Unpacking Teaching Standards – Breakout Oct. 2019 – submitted by Richard Tengowski
- High School Band – submitted by Kate Mitchell
- SmartMusic Lesson Plan – submitted by Richard Tengowski
- CMP Connections – submitted by Richard Tengowski
- Create lesson for Middle Level – submitted by Aimee Swanson
- Perform lesson for Middle Level – submitted by Aimee Swanson
- Respond/Create lesson for Middle Level – submitted by Hannah Muehbauer
Handouts, wall displays, and classroom aids
- Standards flow chart (primary colors) – submitted by Kati Seiter
- Artistic process/process components poster – submitted by Amanda Reinhold
- WI Standards Bulletin Board Signs – Print out signs to use in your classroom
Be sure to check out our Resources page for more materials!